Dzulkhairil “Zul” Mohd (MBBS, FRACP, ClinDipPallMed) obtained his medical degree from The University of Adelaide in 2008. After completing his internship at the Modbury Hospital in 2009, Zul worked across different health settings and medical specialities in South Australia over the next 8 years. The broad knowledge and experiences gained over that time saw him develop a passion for caring for the elderly. This led him to obtain specialist qualification in Geriatric Medicine from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2022. He also holds a Clinical Diploma in Palliative Medicine from the RACP and is currently undertaking post-graduate study in peri-operative medicine.
Zul is currently appointed as a Consultant Geriatrician with the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (Flinders Medical Centre, Repatriation Health Precinct, Noarlunga Health Service). He is a member of the Australia and New Zealand Society of Geriatric Medicine and the British Geriatric Society.
As patients enter their golden years, balancing the medical, psychological, and social aspects of their lives becomes more complex. Zul believes in providing holistic care to his patients and seeks to partner with them to achieve their health goals. His areas of expertise include:
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment to identify geriatric syndromes and provide management plans
- Diagnosis and management of memory impairment
- Management of complex medical comorbidity in the elderly
- Perioperative risk assessment
- Postoperative care of the elderly (delirium, rehabilitation)
- “Goals of Care” planning in the elderly